The Leatherback Lodge ... Terms and Conditions
Reservations requests should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provisional reservations are pencilled for two (2) working days only. On receiving a booking request, an acknowledgement will be sent by e-mail. Accommodation will only be held for persons making a deposit in advance via Credit Card or PayPal. We will always make every effort to provide guests with the room of their choice, but we must reserve the option of room allocation.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
Unless prior arrangements have been made, the Leatherback Lodge closes for arrivals at 6.00 pm, at which time outstanding reservations are assumed to be non-arrivals. Non-arrivals are deemed late cancellations.
The latest check-out time is 11.00 am, unless an alternative time has been arranged with the Leatherback Lodge. Late check-out will incur a charge equivalent to the previous day's rate. Please note that we are unable to store luggage upon guests' departure.
Before arrival at the Leatherback Lodge, a deposit equivalent to your one night's stay must be made to confirm your reservation.
All accounts must be settled on a weekly basis, and always before departure.
Payments can be made in US $ cash or TT $ cash equivalent upon arrival, or via PayPal or using your credit card.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE. While we will accept Amex credit cards, there are no merchants, ATMs or banks in Trinidad & Tobago which will accept AMEX cards to pay for goods or services. Only Visa and MasterCard are accepted at ATM's, merchants and banks.
ACCIDENTAL OR DELIBERATE DAMAGE
On the rare occasion when damage occurs, by negligence or a deliberate action taken by a Guest, which directly or indirectly causes loss to the Leatherback Lodge, the Guest agrees to indemnify such losses. The Guest agrees that this forms part of the agreement at the time of booking. Losses include lost income, specialist expenses and the sourcing of alternative accommodation as necessary.
Leatherback Lodge operates a non-smoking
policy throughout the house and gardens. Guests are welcome to smoke outside the
property. In the event of a
Guest(s) breaching the aforementioned policy, the
Leatherback Lodge will levy a charge for laundry and additional cleaning to the
Guest's final bill. In the event of the
Guest's departure, the
reserves the right to deduct the appropriate fee from the
Guest's credit card number
provided at time of booking (approximate charge US $50.00 ).
NOISE OR DISTURBANCE
Any guests will be charged a US $50 fee if they cause noise or disturbance to other guests and the owners.
When a Guest makes a reservation via e-mail and it is acknowledged by the Leatherback Lodge, a contract exists between the Guest and the Leatherback Lodge. If for any reason the reservation is cancelled, in full or in part, a breach of contract exists. The Leatherback Lodge reserves the right to cancel a booking on any grounds it feels are necessary and will honour no liability by doing so. However the Leatherback Lodge will make every effort to find alternative accommodation for the Guests, but is not bound to do so.
Deposits are non-refundable. For no-shows & late cancellations within 7 days of arrival date, please note that you will be charged the full amount due for your booking (i.e., cost of your entire stay, minus deposit), due to loss of business to the Leatherback Lodge.
Terms, Conditions, Contracts and Disputes are determined under Trinidad & Tobago Law.
We would suggest that Guests consider the merits of insurance cover that includes a cancellation risk.
The Leatherback Lodge is in a tropical rain forest. Please bring mosquito
repellent and any medication for air born pollens.
The Leatherback Lodge is in a tropical rain forest. Please bring mosquito repellent and any medication for air born pollens.
1. Access to and use of this web site is provided by The Leatherback Lodge and subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
2. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect on the date which you first use the site.
3. The Leatherback Lodge reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
4. Except where otherwise noted, the contents of this web site including the design, text, graphics and arrangement of the pages are our property and are our copyrighted material or that of the relevant content providers. ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE RESERVED.
5. In accessing the Leatherback Lodge web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your personal non-commercial use. The Leatherback Lodge reserves the right to withdraw this authorisation at any time by notice on this web site.
6. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these Leatherback Lodge pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of the Leatherback Lodge.
7. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
8. The names, images and logos identifying the Leatherback Lodge or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of the Leatherback Lodge and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent or copyright.
Links to other Web Sites
9. WHILE USING THIS WEB SITE YOU MAY ACCESS THIRD PARTY WEB SITES THOUGH LINKS. SUCH THIRD PARTY WEB SITES ARE NOT UNDER OUR CONTROL AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AVAILABILITY OF SUCH SITES OR THEIR CONTENTS. ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR INTEREST OR CONVENIENCE ONLY AND DO NOT REPRESENT OR IMPLY ANY ENDORSEMENT BY US OF SUCH LINKED SITE AND WE CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY ARISE FROM USE OF SUCH THIRD PARTY WEB SITE OR CONTRACTS ENTERED INTO RESULTING FROM THE USE OF SUCH THIRD PARTY WEB SITES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF SUCH THIRD PARTY WEB SITES IS GOVERNED BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES.
Disclaimer Regarding Merchandise and Products
10. MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MAY BE PROVIDED TO YOU BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THIS WEB SITE OR LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES ON THIS WEB SITE. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, OR SPONSORS, LICENSORS OR THE LIKE, MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU REGARDING ANY SUCH MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES NOR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER'S WEB SITE NOR THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER'S REPRESENTATIONS NOR THE LEGALITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR THEIR MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
11. YOUR TRANSACTIONS WITH ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDER AND ARE SUBJECT TO ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO SUCH TRANSACTIONS. YOU AGREE TO PAY ALL CHARGES INCURRED BY YOU WITH ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER. YOU WILL ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL APPLICABLE TAXES (IF ANY) RELATING TO SUCH CHARGES.
12. Before entering into any transaction to acquire merchandise, products or services from any third party provider made available through this Web Site please see section above entitled "Links To Other Web Sites".
Exclusion of Liability
13. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Leatherback Lodge, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
14. In no event will the Leatherback Lodge be liable for any damages including, without limitation indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other delict action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. The Leatherback Lodge does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
15. No warranty is given that this web site shall be available on an uninterrupted basis, and no liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising out of such unavailability.
16. We accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this web site by any third parties.
17. Access to and use of this web site is at your own risk and we do not warrant that use of this web site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property or data, including but not limited to loss of use of data or equipment, loss of data or computer virus infection.
18. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall attempt to exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or breach of duty or for fraudulent misrepresentations.
20. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Trinidad & Tobago. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Trinidad & Tobago.
The End ... Phew!!!!!
The End ... Phew!!!!!